Thursday, May 11, 2017

What Mom Really Needs to Hear




















I wanted to take a moment to encourage you on this Mother's Day weekend. No matter what season of motherhood you are in I think we all could use a little encouragement as women. Maybe your vision of motherhood has turned out exactly the way that you thought it would. Or maybe your vision of motherhood looks nothing like you planned. Either way I think being a mother refines us and sanctifies us. We grow, mold and shape not only our children but also ourselves. I know for myself I've grown and changed and matured through each child birth and through each stage as my boys are growing and maturing. 

So I asked myself... What do I need to hear in this season of life as a mother?  And I thought, if I need to hear this there are others out there who may just need to hear it too...

So here it goes:

You really are enough. Everything that you pour out every day is enough. The tears, sleepless nights, hugs, brushing teeth, combing hair, listening ears, dishes, dirty floors, praying with your little ones, crying over your teenagers, asking God for help whenever you feel like you can't go on... All of it is enough. You wake up every morning and your family is the first thing on your mind. You go to bed at night and they are the last thing you think about before you drift off to sleep. You put it all in God's hands every day. And it is enough! Every dance party in the kitchen, Barbie dolls hair brushed and Legos built, it's all enough.

You are enough because He is enough. He is your strength and your peace.  He is your love and your joy. He looks at you and He calls you beloved. 

He gave you the children that you have because He knew that you are the mother that they need. So when you worry or wonder if you're doing it all right, if it's all enough... Remember that it is, because God brought you all together and He called it good!

So on this Mother's Day 2017 remember that everything you pour out into your family is enough!  You are doing a good job mama, grandma, sister, aunt, friend! 

“Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.” Proverbs 31:28 (NIV) 

Post by: Jimmie Lee DiIanni



No comments:

Post a Comment