Thursday, February 16, 2017

My Grilled Cheese Moment















Hi ladies, Marcy here : )  It's my pleasure to introduce you to a very special guest writer today... Michelle Wheeler is a wife, momma, small business owner, and my neighbor!  When Michelle told me about her "grilled cheese moment" a few weeks ago, I knew we just had to share it with all of you too!  Michelle was gracious enough to take some time and bring this post to you today...  

God often speaks to me through my children.  One day last winter will always stand out to me as what I like to call "my grilled cheese moment."  I had been worried about finances and wondering how God was going to work out all the details.  I was doing dishes and praying to God to just answer my prayers now.  I felt very impatient and began to plead with God in my head, wondering if He was listening. 

Just then my son came up to me and asked for something to eat.  I asked him if he'd like a grilled cheese.  He excitedly responded, "Yes!"  I love to show my love through my food that I prepare!  So I gathered some Havarti cheese, pumpernickel bread, Kerry gold butter, and even started to cut up some thin apple slices.  This was going to be the best grilled cheese he had ever had! 

My son, only being 2 at the time, saw the Havarti and demanded some cheese pronto.  I gave him a slice to hold him over as I prepared this decadent sandwich of love for him.  He couldn't wait and quickly came over, demanding more cheese.  I looked down at his precious face and said, "Son, if you could just wait... I have something much, much better!"

I looked up in shock, picturing God watching my reaction, realizing that God was talking to me right now.  If I could only just trust God and wait because much like I was doing for my own son, God was lovingly constructing my very own “grilled cheese”. 

I smiled and a peace passed over me as I realized for maybe the millionth time, God has not forgotten me and He never will.

Post by: Michelle Wheeler


No comments:

Post a Comment